Sometimes you have to give up on eating something sweet because diet and age!
But sometimes a little departure from the rule may be possible by giving us a very light dessert, like this soft orange cake made with orange juice and water, a light recipe without eggs, without milk and without butter.
An essential recipe with less fat than a classic cake, which can be enjoyed by those with high cholesterol or following a weight loss diet.
Furthermore, if you want, you can replace the 00 flour with rice flour and potato starch, to make the cake even gluten-free!
- 200 ml lukewarm water
- 200 ml of orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 180 g of granulated sugar
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 350 g flour 00
- peel of two oranges
- 1 sachet of vanilla yeast
- Let’s start by pouring all the water and juice of two oranges into a large bowl and mix.
- We add the sugar to make it dissolve completely.
- While we pour the oil slowly we continue to mix.
- We add the other ingredients: the flour, the orange peel and the yeast. We knead the dough for a few minutes to avoid the formation of lumps.
- We preheat the oven to 180 ° and use parchment paper to make our mold non-stick.
- We bake in ventilated mode for about 40 minutes.
- We check the cooking with a toothpick before taking out.
Our very light but fragrant orange cake is ready to be served (with a light shower of powdered sugar if we want to indulge in a little more sweetness)!